Following the new develop on NIM SIM Registration the National Identity Management Commission has provided a number to confirm your NIM on your mobile phone.
Nigerian Communications Commission has Given MTN, Glo, Airtel, Others 2-Weeks Ultimatum To Block SIM Cards Without NIN
The USSD code is available for customers using MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and Glo network.
NCC has introduce new measure for mobile phone SIM users and part of it is a compulsory update of valid National Identification Number [NIN].
For subscribers who are yet to register for the National Identity Card, follow the step guide below;
- Fill the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form on NIMC portal https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/loginForm.tpl.html.php
- Put the correct information for all mandatory fields on the form.
- Download and print your Pre Enrolment Slip.
Submit Your Application
- Visit any nearest NIMC Registration Centre with any of the following Original and Valid supporting documents.
- Enrolment Center will direct you to where your Enrolment Officer will verify your details on your application.
- If your application is in order, Enrolment officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) and you will be given Transaction ID Slip as evidence of transaction.
Collect your NIN
- The normal time frame to get your National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is within 2 to 3 working days from the time of capturing your biometric details
- The issuance of NIN can take longer time for some cases sake of validation of details for NIMC.
- You will need to keep the Transaction ID Slip very well to be able to present it at the time of collection of NIN Slip.
How to know if your Nimc card is ready?
Visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website- www.nimc.gov.ng
Scroll down to the home page and click on ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ to check if your card is ready and if its at the activation centre.
fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC check tracking ID and hit the ‘check now’ icon button.
NIM SIM Registration
Dial *346# and press 1
The service costs N20 per dial.